The YogaSource 300 Hour Teacher Training is a powerful enrichment opportunity crafted for dedicated Yoga teachers and practitioners who have completed a 200 hour training. These five module retreats offer an unparalleled journey of personal transformation through Yogic study and practice. This program is taught by a faculty devoted to sharing their unique Yo
ASANA • PRANAYAMA • MEDITATION • PHILOSOPHY • TEACHING • REFLECTION
The YogaSource 300 Hour Teacher Training is a powerful enrichment opportunity crafted for dedicated Yoga teachers and practitioners who have completed a 200 hour training. These five module retreats offer an unparalleled journey of personal transformation through Yogic study and practice. This program is taught by a faculty devoted to sharing their unique Yogic wisdom. The faculty is committed to supporting every practitioner to find their own authentic connection to the path of Yoga. The training gives generous time and space to delve into the deeper layers of self and source.
The program training offers five innovative, inspired six day modules over the course of twelve months. Each eight hour day includes 4 hours of practice and 4 hours of in-depth, creative study. The faculty includes YogaSource Teacher Training Co-Directors, Melissa Spamer, Wendelin Scott, and Amy Spurlock, as well as auxiliary faculty including Linda Spackman, Shawn Paulazzo, and Sara Easterson-Bond. Additionally, elective courses offer an exciting opportunity to study with some of the exceptional guest teachers that visit YogaSource during the course of your program. The training is held at our beautiful, new and well-appointed Tesuque studio which includes a rope wall and roof deck.
Once you complete the 300 hours of training you will be able to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher at the 500 hour level – combining your 200 hour training and the 300 hour training for a total of 500 hours.
Full-Spectrum Study of Yogic Principles, Practices, Philosophy
Modern Postural Approaches to Asana • Pranayama & Meditation • Chanting
Sound Meditation • Experiential Anatomy • Ethics • Lifestyle Tuning
Our program curriculum offers a deep, experiential dive into the many dimensions of Yoga. Your instructors will be there throughout to guide and mentor you, taking your asana, pranayama, meditation, self-reflection and teaching practices to new levels of awareness and accomplishment.
Our program creates a balance between the time honored and the cutting edge; between the language of symbol and metaphor, and the language of science; between the authentic and original teachings and modern innovation. It is through this carefully crafted balance that we offer you a refined and relevant training that will support you to excel and shine brighter as a person and as a Yoga teacher.
One of the departure points for our program is to embrace the reality that the main avenue of teaching Yoga to others is through the hour and a half yoga class in a Yoga studio. Graduates of our program will hone their abilities to offer the full-spectrum of yogic teachings within the context of an hour and a half class with clarity, integrity, and unique personal brilliance.
What you will experience, practice and learn:
Practice and teach from a multidimensional comprehension of Yoga.
Receive individual attention to and feedback about your practice from the principle instructors.
- Embody the skillful means to practice and teach intermediate and advanced poses safely and creatively.
- Subtle body exploration including the Marmas, Nadis, Chakras, Koshas, as well as other guided inner somatic work.
- Understand the logic behind sequencing and other approaches to teaching asanas (from the ground up, from the top down, from the periphery to the core, from the core to the periphery).
- Evaluate body language and postural patterns.
- Understand the depth of anatomy in relation to asana.
- Go beyond basic instruction of the asanas
- Learn how to intelligently adapt Yoga asanas and class sequences for diverse body types and injuries.
- Ask the question why and how does Yoga work?
- Explore linear and non-linear approaches to practice and teaching
- Develop specialized teaching skills
- Learn to lead and teach by your own living integration
August 9th - August 15th, 2018
November 8th – November 14th, 2018
February 7th – February 13th, 2019
May 9th – May 15th, 2019
August 8th – August 14th, 2019
Thursdays – Wednesdays 8am – 5pm
Includes a 1 hour lunch break 12-1pm
By June 1, 2018
After June 1, 2018
$600 deposit due upon acceptance and to hold your space in the program. Payment plans available.
Application Deadline for 2018 Program: July 26th, 2018.
We have a simple three-step application process:
- Download the 300 Hour Teacher Training application (button below).
- Email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay your application fee.*
*Application Fee of $50 is applied to program tuition if accepted, and returned in full, less $15 administrative fee if not accepted into the program.
• Strong desire for personal transformation and interpersonal reflection.
• Desire for growth and a willingness to both share and learn from a community of dedicated practitioners.
• Seeks to expand teaching modalities, increase confidence, and improve your professional skills as a Yoga instructor.
• Respects the lineages of Yoga – its history, philosophical precepts, and living application of the tenants of Yoga.
• Completion of a Yoga Alliance approved 200 hour teacher training program.
• Minimum of 25 Hours of Teaching Public or Private Classes.
• Minimum of 3 years of consistent Yoga practice.
• Attendance to a minimum of one class with each faculty member of the program.
If you have not completed 25 hours of teaching, but have sincere interest in this program, please contact YogaSource to discuss your eligibility.
Once your application is submitted you will be contacted by one of the core YogaSource teacher training faculty members to schedule an interview. The interview will consist of 20 minutes of Q & A, 20 minutes of demonstrated practice, and 20 minutes of teaching. Due to the depth of this program a strong foundation and embodiment is necessary. The interview process will inform the faculty of your readiness for the program or need for additional preparation before the start date of the training.
If you are not from Santa Fe, we will schedule an online interview via Skype or FaceTime. You will also then be required to submit a 20 minute video clip of your Yoga practice, and a 20 minute video clip of your teaching.
After your interview, you will be contacted within 7 days to be notified of the status of your application. At the time of your acceptance you will be sent an orientation and agreements document as well as a reading list. If you are from out of town, a lodging list will also be included.
Call or email YogaSource with any specific questions regarding your application.