BALI YOGA RETREAT
September 8th-15th, 2018
with Melissa Spamer & Wendelin Scott
at SoulShine Retreat Center in Ubud, Bali
Enjoy eight days and seven nights at the lovely Soulshine Retreat Center created by Michael Franti and Carla Swanson (video links can be found at the end of this page). Each day you will enjoy two Yoga classes in the open air Yoga studio overlooking the rice fields with Melissa and Wendelin. After your morning Yoga class and breakfast, you are then free to enjoy the surroundings of the retreat center or go into the art center and healing village of Ubud. You can enjoy the restaurants, shops, art galleries, temples, palace, spas and market.
Bali is considered one of the most spiritual places on earth, with a rich and unique cultural and religious heritage. It is the perfect place to deepen into oneself and take in the beauty Bali offers to the soul.
Yoga and Balinese philosophy will be woven into the themes of your daily yoga classes to help enrich and deepen the inner process of practice and place. Modifications and adjustments are given to accommodate the individual needs of each student.
Enjoy Two Daily Yoga Classes:
Matahari – Sunrise Morning Yoga 7-9:30am
This class will be more dynamic in nature, with the time of the rising sun. Expect to explore a full spectrum of asana practice. This may include mindful vinyasa and namaskars, alignment based asana instruction incorporating both therapeutic and Ayurvedic perspectives, supported or active inversions - both free-flowing and structured practices will be guided to help one deepen into discovering their own unique practice.
Bulan – Moonrise Evening Yoga 4:30-6:30pm
This class will incorporate a slower Yoga practice and may include yin yoga, restorative yoga, pranayama, and meditative practices. This is a quiet and reflective practice to complete and integrate your day.
Included in Your Retreat:
- 2 Daily Yoga Classes with Melissa & Wendelin
- Daily Breakfast
- 1 Balinese Massage
- Balinese Feast on the first and last day
- Airport/Hotel Transfer
Soulshine is on a serene piece of land, very supportive of personal retreat. You can enjoy short walks through the rice fields, swimming in their pool, on-site spa treatments, and a restaurant. They also have wifi available for your convenience.
Extra Outings for an additional fee:
- Visit a Balinese Healer
- Herb Walk
- Jamu Class (Traditional Medicinal Drinks)
- Temple Ceremony
- Class on Making a Balinese Offering
- Cooking Class
- Art Classes
- Music Classes
- Additional Spa Treatments
- Monkey Forest
- Botanical Gardens
- Afternoon at the Beach (45 minutes away)
- A complete list of outings will be sent upon request.
Retreat Package Cost: $2200-$3000 per person.
There are four tiers of accommodation for your comfort and budget. All rooms have air conditioning as well as plenty of open air breeze. The shared rooms can be set up as two twin beds or one king bed, with the exception of two deluxe double rooms in Terrace Villa. There are private bathrooms adjoining each room. Please indicate your roommate preference on the registration form. If you do not have a roommate preference we can assign a roommate for you.
A non-refundable deposit of $350 is required to reserve your space. Your balance is due in full by July 15th, 2018. Contact the staff for more information.
$2200 – Lotus Villas
Double Occupancy (2 Twins or 1 King) w/ Private Bath
$2550 – Lotus Villas
Single Occupancy with Private Bath - SOLD OUT
$2450 – Terrace Villa
Double Room with Private Bath - SOLD OUT
$3000 – Terrace Villa
Private Room with Private Bath - SOLD OUT
Travel Information & Expenses Not Included:
- You are responsible to purchase your own roundtrip airfare to and from Denpasar, Bali.
- An included taxi transfer from the airport or between hotels will be arranged directly through Soulshine.
- It is recommended that you purchase your own travel insurance.
- Upon departure you will need to pay a departure tax of USD 15.
- Be sure your passport is up-to-date, and does not expire within six months of your departure date from Bali.
- There are no travel vaccinations required to travel to Bali, other than an updated tetanus shot.
- The retreat will begin the afternoon of September 8th at 4pm and end the morning of September 15th at 11am.
- If you must cancel your retreat, the required deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable, unless we can fill your spot with another participant, given sufficient time.
- Full refund, less deposit, will be given before 90 days notice of retreat start date.
- Cancellations made within 90 days of your retreat: 50% of the total amount (less deposit) will be refunded.
- Cancellations made within 60 days of your retreat: We apologize, but absolutely no refunds can be given, no exceptions.
Teachers Leading the Retreat:
Melissa Spamer, M.A. ERYT 500, L.M.T., C. Ay. began formally practicing Yoga in 1993. She has completed more then six Yoga teacher trainings and has twenty years of teaching experience, leading classes, workshops, retreats and teacher trainings in the U.S., Europe and Asia. Her love of Yoga led her to also become an Ayurvedic practitioner, spending more than two years of clinical training at the Ayurvedic Institute. Her approach to Yoga integrates her in-depth studies with such celebrated teachers as Angela Farmer, Victor Van Kooten, Rama Vernon, Shiva Rea, Kali Ray and training at the Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram. Her classes are inspired by the natural rhythms of the breath and fluid alignment. She will often infuse music and poetry into her classes as well as teachings on energetic anatomy and Yoga philosophy - to help guide each student on a journey into the art of living Yoga. She is also a licensed counselor in the state of New Mexico and continues to study Yogic and body-centered approaches to healing. She maintains a private Yoga therapy, Ayurveda, and counseling practice in Santa Fe.
Wendelin is co-director of YogaSouce and has been teaching Yoga for fifteen years. Her instruction emphasizes understanding and experiencing the relationship between physical alignment and spiritual unfoldment. She is a devoted student of Advaita Vedanta and has studied with her teacher Shubhraji for over ten years. She holds a Masters in Eastern Classics and Sanskrit from St. John’s College.